By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st accomplished connection with the anthropological research of advanced organizations
- Details how organizational idea and study in company has followed anthropology’s key inspiration of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic methods to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of establishment organisations and of non-governmental enterprises operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics lined contain organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive types and staff development, organizational dysfunctions, international networked agencies, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sphere of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sphere within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
How do rituals paintings? even though this can be one of many first questions that folks in every single place ask approximately rituals, little has been written explicitly at the subject. within the challenge of formality Efficacy, 9 students tackle this factor, ranging around the fields of historical past, anthropology, medication, and bible study.
The Basque language, Euskara, is one among Europe’s so much historical tongues and an integral part of today’s vigorous Basque tradition. Reclaiming Basque examines the ideology, equipment, and discourse of the Basque-language revitalization stream over the process the prior century and how this attempt has opened up along the simultaneous Basque nationalist fight for autonomy.
In der wissenschaftlichen Diskussion gelten Städte bereits seit Jahren als wichtige Konzentrationsorte einer ökonomisch immer bedeutsamer werdenden Kreativ- und Kulturwirtschaft. Diese postmoderne, zumeist „ästhetische Ökonomie", versteht es, als ein Paradox, ästhetische und selbst kapitalismuskritische Ausdrucksformen erfolgreich zu kommerzialisieren.
This e-book goals to supply the reader with an perception into the relevance of a piece of the financial system, that's sometimes called the ‘social and cohesion economic climate’ (SSE); and spotlight many of the present matters within the box, how they're being addressed and a few in their destiny implications. utilizing case stories from around the globe, this ebook ‘Social and cohesion financial system: The World’s economic climate With a Social Face’ presents an updated account of the strengths and weaknesses of those projects throughout 4 continents together with matters that experience no longer been researched sufficiently earlier than (e.
Additional info for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)